Saturday, October 18, 2014

Aquilo


Don't get me wrong, I have been listening to music for the past four years. Sure I haven't posted in a while (four years), but I didn't have a reason to, until today that is.  

As per usual I was listening to a curated playlist online when out of my Bluetooth speaker I heard a track (I Gave It All) by Aquilo. A-who? A-xactly. I realized it was my duty to give these young English lads the accolades they so deserve, and hence I am writing a post on my, what appeared to be dead, blog. (Is this just a postmortem spasm, or has MYHTH been resurrected?)

So Aquilo? Well, first off, they are young, and although some might compare them to a number of bands already producing music today there is a richness to their sound, an honesty that goes beyond much of the polished sad boy music that tries to get passed off as authentic. Maybe I've gotten them all wrong and perhaps Aquilo are just doing a stellar job at fooling us all, but the bottom line is they are worth a listen.

Hot Track(s): I Gave It All, You There

Kind of Like: Bastille stops pretending.


PREDICTION:

Tom and Ben (a.k.a. Aquilo) currently have youth on their side, so if they are marketed to the right audience (i.e., young girls and gay boys), they will have a Top 40 hit by the end of the year. The album, also Top 40, will follow next year.

LET ME WATCH DJ:




LET ME LISTEN DJ:

No comments: