Friday, March 7, 2008

thecocknbullkid

I have not been this excited about a new find in a while. Hands down thecocknbullkid is my new favourite. Thecocknbullkid, aka Anita Blay, is a 22 year old singer, songwriter, producer who can only be described as magic. Her sound is current and unlike anything out there. She has found how to balance all elements of her music, a funky soulful feel, electronic noise, and a voice that morphs to fit the feel of the piece being sung. I am sure that thecocknbullkid will be the next big thing. With a number of solid pop tunes under her belt, I can't wait to hear what comes next from thecocknbullkid. This girl is a talent to follow.

WRAP IT UP:
Hot Track(s): On My Own, Sinners Clip, Attention, Matters of the Heart
Kind of Like: Roisin Murphy meets M.I.A.

PREDICTION:
A top 10 hit in the U.K. and success in North American dance clubs.

LET ME LISTEN DJ:
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/thecocknbullkid
Website: N/A
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPEWRIgCiCg

No comments: